02 May 2009

Advice column anyone?

so could someone please tell me why it is that i can give good advice, or what i feel is good advice, but if i had to give myself advice i would never be able to follow it. if i could just listen to myself sometimes maybe my life would not be so confusing. maybe this is a characteristic of good advice givers, their talents do not pour into their own lives, they are able to help others, but when it comes to themselves, look out. you could probably run me over with an 18-wheeler and i still would not follow advice from anyone. in my mind things only play out one way, and any advice is not going to change that. i guess maybe we advice givers are not so good at following advice because we think that if we can give it out, why in the world would we need to follow any, our lives should be set right? WRONG...this is just not the case. but i never find anyone else's advice good enough so i guess i should just go sit in the quick sand and wait for it to devour me, because i am not going to start listening anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment