10 June 2009

Last day of school

in keeping with tradition, i started my first day of school ever, yes way back in kindergarten riding the bus to school. and so today, the last day of my high school career, i rode the bus one last time. on this bus ride i saw many ordinary things, a rabbit in someones yard, a pig statue in a garden (i thought this was also a rabbit but at a closer look i realized this was not so ordinary), a woman walking two dogs, one a bernese mountain dog and the other a yellow lab, a jag, four women out on runs, and a tractor that turns hay into bails. all very ordinary things that i paid special attention to on this my last ride. on my first i was too caught up in my nerves and excitement to notice my surroundings, plus i probably wasn't tall enough to look out the window so all i was was cold shiny hard metal.
anyway, the rest of today was bittersweet, never again will i walk through the doors of that school, except for graduation practice, but i also will miss those teachers of mine who really taught me something, not just in the classroom but about myself and about others as well.
so on this last night, i look at the clock realizing it doesn't matter when i get to bed anymore, and i turn off my "wake up" alarm on my phone, never to hear its annoying tone at 5:30 am ever again. it's sad for me really, but i think that what waits on the other side, once i get to it, will be very exciting. right now its all just a little bit scary because i feel like i am stranded in between two mediums, i have neither of them to call my own, nothing to really identify with, and im not old enough to identify with a career, so i truly am a nothing, thats what waiting to graduate, soon to be college freshman are...and it's scary but things will change, and i will find my place soon enough; not in a seat staring at cold hard shiny metal waiting to arrive at the elementary school, but instead, a room of 300 people all staing at the chalkboard waiting for the professor to arrive and the lecture to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment