17 June 2009

Trust

you said that a major part of a relationship is trust. without it the relationship costs more energy loss and defense mechanisms to be put up. in the end, it cannot be a healthy relationship without trust. well, you have made me rethink a lot of my relationships and what you have said has made me come to the realization that you speak the truth. i wasn't really expecting to come away from this with anything that i didn't have before i went in, but i can truthfully say that i have come out with more than i went in with.
those who you trust do not have to be the ones closest to you and those closest to you are not necessarily the ones you trust. you've taught me that it's ok, and that those relationships are so much work that they block me from creating healthy relationships that i cannot see when i am spending so much time on these that don't work. i need to see all the opportunities lying ahead of me as chances to create lasting trusting relationships and strip myself clean of those that don't work.
right this very moment i can think of at least 5 relationships that do not contain trust, but i know of many more that are worth it. i guess right now it's just a matter of growing up enough to be able to do what i need to do so that i can create these new trusting friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment